Hello Blooming Worlders,
My last post about Foodstagrammers inspired me so much and made me want to make some goodies on holiday. All supermarkets and local fruit shops are filled up with cherry baskets (and at a very good prices, actually). So, I decided to use some left over cherries and make some cherry muffins for a breakfast.
For Cherry Muffins you will need (This recipe makes approx. 9-12 muffins):
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 soupspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Greek Yogurt
- 1 Egg (Medium/Large)
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Fresh Cherries, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 160º C (375º F). Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray or use paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, butter and yogurt. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in pitted cherries.
- Using an ice cream scoop (or a normal spoon), divide batter among prepared muffin cups then and the top with shredded coconut.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes. Transfer muffins to a rack and let cool.
It’s needless to say that these muffins instantly disappeared. Even Pelusha stole one from the table, when we’re distracted.
Lots of Love,